Friday, May 27, 2011

" If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet " Proverbs 3:24


FYI: I write this as Zach drives us to the coast for our Memorial Day Weekend Getaway. I cut a pasted to blogger when we arrived.

The 9 to 5....
It was entirely too busy for a Friday morning. The phone constantly rang, as soon as I would finish a call and hang up the little red light on my phone would be staring at me. Again time to check the voicemail for the message that was left while I was just on the phone. It went on continuously like this until around 1pm. Then everything grinded to a screeching halt and time proceeded to sludge by slower than molasses, I mean it was ridiculous. I went and filed all of the charts that had been pulled for the week and organized my desk, getting ready for Monday and I swear only two minutes passed. I was worried that I would fall asleep on my desk, everyone began leaving early and it was just me and Ellie and it was so eerily quiet I could hear the hum of the air conditioner. I was trying my best, thankfully my doc had a script I needed to call in and get some DME ordered. I got that done and it was still only 430. So I waited in Ellie's office while she talked to someone on the phone and we left around a quarter to 5. I really needed to stay till 5 to make up for leaving early on Tuesday for my doctor appointment. But I just couldn't bear the thought of trying to find something to do to occupy myself.  I mean I have plenty of projects but they would take more than the time I needed to fill and I didn’t want to get all wrapped up in an extensive project that late in the day so I just went home. FINALLY!

The Homefront...
I called Zach when I got in the car and he said he had everything ready, just waiting on me to bring the Jeep home so we could load it down like the Clampits and hit the road! On my way home I had my galaxy plugged into the aux outlet to listen pandora, which is awesome, no commercials. But anyways, I stopped the radio to call Zach and remind him to get the highchair ready for travel, that is when I found out that the call would go through the Jeep speakers, just like my pandora! It was so great I created a handsfree system in my car all on my own! I felt very accomplished, I'm sure a more technically savvy person would have figured this out way before now, but I am excited! Now I can talk to my mommy in the morning and not worry about being distracted while driving through the stack, which if you have ever been in Jackson, you know it is not good to be distracted on 55N. So I got home, watered my porch plants really good and said a little prayer that they didn't dry out and die while we were gone. Changed Emmie into a fresh diaper, one of the good "extra absorbent" ones I bought for overnight sleep. Then we were off! Well actually we pulled out of the parking lot got to the mailbox and had to turn around, I forgot Emmie's school pictures to pass out to the family. Once we got the pictures then we were on the Road!

The Road...
This has been the craziest drive. The people are insane, slamming on breaks, cutting us off and just all kinds of nutz. Then there is Emily, she usually is so good in the car but today she has decided to whine for no apparent reason and not much soothes her. Sippy works for a minute or two but then she's whining again. I think she is teething, she keeps biting sippy and grunting loudly. At this point we are coming into Hattie, so only about an hour more, Joy!

The Horizon...
A long weekend of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment