Sunday, May 29, 2011

" I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles" 1 Timothy 2:1-7

The 9 to 5......
It's Sunday, the day of REST!

The homefront.....
We are still on our mini vaca for Memorial Day weekend, though we have to return home tomorrow. Today was pretty good, I slept in a little I think it was around eight thirty when I woke up. Emmie and Zach of course were already up conversing with everyone in the kitchen. My mom reminded me that if I wanted to go to church I needed to get a shower, so we all took our turns showering and my mom got Emmie dressed for church. Surprisingly I got dressed and ready in time. I was a little worried since I didn't really pack any "church" clothes. My mom and Meme both assured me that what I had on was fine. But I have to admit I did get slightly aggravated when they both came out in really dressy dresses. Unfortunately my manners took a vacation too, because I was not shy about voicing my disappointment in their wardrobe choices. So, sorry mommy! when you read this. Anyways so I once again got my way, and they changed into some less "church" like clothes, so we all kinda matched. I dragged poor Zach along, because...well I'm not really sure why, I would love to say it was for his soul's salvation, but more than likely it was a selfish moment of not wanting to be alone at the time.

Church was nice, not really my speed. I was missing Brother Geoffrey, but I did get the overall message the pastor was trying to convey. Basically don't forget prayer. Which I agree that as christians we often forget the power of prayer, until we need it. We have all seen prayer done wonderful miracles all around us. But how many of us remember prayer when everything is good and going right? Not as many God would like I'm sure. It reminds me of what Daniel said in Sunday school the other day the "CEO" or "Christmas Easter Only" Christians. It really got me to do alot of thinking about my Christian journey and where I need to be so I would say overall, very effective sermon!

We got home and Denise (Gammie) came over to play with Emmie. There was lots of playing and lots of napping. We had a lunch of delicious reheated ribs and then I slept to NASCAR  while Emmie played and I took her afternoon nap on Gammie's lap. Then we had dinner of grilled barbeque chicken and sides. Emmie didn't feel like eating much, I think she ate a few "whales" (knock off goldfish), but that was really all. Then we all crashed for the night.

The Horizon....
Travel home tomorrow :(

No comments:

Post a Comment