Saturday, September 10, 2011

College Football...yes ladies, it's back once again



So much to Zachery's delight any my annoyance, college football has returned once again. If you don't know us very well we are die hard University of Southern Mississippi Fans. With both of us being alumni the bond runs even deeper. Being a fan of USM can be quite complicated, and heartwrenching at times. Today's game has made me compare myself to a die hard New Orleans Saints fan, pre-superbowl of course. We watch our beloved black and gold kick itself in the foot more times than we can stand until we just have to change the channel.

Now don't get me wrong. As I know some of my other die hard USM cohorts are reading this. We love our Golden Eagles and eagerly await the day when we are given the recognition we deserve. Our boys work hard and give all they've got, unfortunately it seems that things don't always work out as well as planned for them. Poor Emmie, she has no idea why she will wear black and gold at least once a week every fall, but i can't wait till the day we can teach her to yell SMTTT! Even if I feel a little like finding a paper bag for my head today. :(

















If you are not a native Mississippian then you probably only know of Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) and Mississippi State (or just State as we call it) as the colleges of Mississippi. In fact most people in Mississippi can comfortably root on the black and gold without feeling that they have turned on their dawgs or rebels (or are they bears now?). Being that we are not an SEC team most feel that we are not a threat. Just remember if you look in the history books there has been a time when little ole Southern Miss beat up on both our in state SEC rivals. So don't count us out so easily!

Needless to say I have been working hard to try my best to learn some football terminology. I've taken to the philosophy if you can't beat'em, JOIN'EM!

S-OU-THERN, SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI, U-S-M!


No comments:

Post a Comment